Christmas Holiday and Food Programme
Buckinghamshire Council has been awarded funding from the Department for Education to deliver a Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme in 2021, as part of a national scheme.
The aim of the programme is to support the physical and mental health and wellbeing of children and young people, encouraging them to engage in interactive and fun activities and provide them with access to a healthy hot meal.
Who can take part
The programme will offer free holiday activities in the upcoming Christmas school holidays for school-aged children, aged 5 to 16 years, who receive benefits-related free school meals.
If you do not currently receive benefits-related free school meals, but think you may be eligible, our support at school for low-income families gives information on who is eligible and how to apply.
What is available
Children and young people attending sessions will be able to enjoy quality holiday activities and a healthy hot meal at each session they attend.
Holiday sessions will run for:
- at least four hours each day
- one week in the Christmas holidays.
Booking at Thomley
- You can now book your places with Thomley for December Christmas Holidays from the dropdown menu below.
- Your child needs to be aged 5 to 16 and receiving benefits-related free school meals to be eligible to attend HAF sessions. 4-year-olds attending school in Reception class are also eligible.
- Families will be issued with a unique booking code in an individual school letter in early December and will need to quote this code when booking via the below form. If you haven’t received a letter, you should contact your child’s school.