We are recruiting!
Part time (32 hours per week) Community Fundraising Officer
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum
Thomley is a recreational and informal educational facility for disabled children, young people and adults, their families, carers, friends, schools and groups.
Its main purpose is to:
• Build self-esteem, happiness and quality of life of disabled children, siblings and friends by offering fun, healthy and purposeful activities enabling them to play, learn and socialise together
• Empower disabled teenagers and adults to achieve personal aspirations by building their confidence to develop skills towards independent living, to participate in appropriate social and recreational activities and to develop vocational prospects.
• Offer a place where the whole family can spend quality time together, enabling parents and carers of disabled children to meet, widen support networks, access information and lower stress levels.
• Make the lives of disabled people easier by raising awareness of disability within the community, promoting understanding of the issues they face along with practical measures for inclusion.
This new post will take ownership of our fundraising in the local community.
The main purpose of the role is:
• Maintain and substantially grow the community fundraising support for Thomley
• Recruit and manage volunteers and supporters that arise out of the community fundraising activities
• Facilitate the running of community focused fundraising events held at Thomley or offsite
• Lead on the administrative duties required for the fundraising team
Closing date for applications: 12th January 2018
Interviews to be held on 17th January 2018
For any further information about the role please contact Paul Lawrence, Head of Fundraising on: email@example.com or 01844 338380
To apply for the role, please send your CV with a covering letter of no more than 2 pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full job description: Community Fundraiser Nov 2017